Experience Central Park From Our Hotel in Downtown Manhattan
One of the most famous parks in the world, Central Park is the first public park ever built in America. With over 843 acres of public land, Central Park is in the heart of the city and is in walking distance from our Manhattan SoHo hotel. Central Park offers endless areas to explore and is home to special events regularly.
More than 25 million people visit Central Park each year for its sights and attractions. During your stay at our hotel in downtown Manhattan, experience all that the park has to offer ranging from tours, art exhibitions, a zoo, ice skating, and even long paths to take a stroll, there are activities for everyone.
After a tiring day in the park, our hotel in downtown Manhattan, with all its amenities including relaxing guest rooms featuring marble-accented bathrooms, is the perfect place to come back and relax. Our Manhattan SoHo hotel is conveniently located 5.4 miles away from Central Park.
Central Park Attractions Near Our Manhattan SoHo Hotel
There are a variety of unique attractions to enjoy while visiting Central Park. From castles and notorious statues, to lakes and playgrounds you’ll find it all right in one location.
- Bethesda Terrace-Called the heart of Central Park, this beautiful terrace and fountain was one of the first structures built in the park. Here you can sit by the fountain that focuses on the famous “Angel of the Waters” centerpiece.
- Belvedere Castle-This 19th-century stone castle is the second highest natural elevation in the Park. In the tower you will experience breathtaking views and exhibits on the birds and other wildlife found in the Park.
- Strawberry Fields- One of the most famous of Central Park NY Attractions is the Garden of Peace. Built in honor of John Lennon (1940-1980) and named after his song, this attraction has become a staple in the park.
- The Wildlife Center and Children’s Zoo- America’s oldest public zoo, has now added a fun children’s zoo addition. You can observe a variety of animals such as: sea lions, monkeys, penguins, polar bears, and so many more!
- The Carousel- Originally built in 1871 and open 7 days a week, visitors can hop on for a thrilling three-and-a-half minute ride in Central Park.
Central Park Tours
Walking tours are available every day of the year. They are very interactive with a combination of downloadable pod casts and maps to guide you through this thriving metropolis.
Take an exciting horse drawn carriage ride throughout the park.
Events in Central Park Manhattan
You can catch special events year round in Central Park near our Manhattan SoHo hotel such as:
- The famous Wollman Ice Skating Rink: Open Seasonally Nov-April
- The Marionette Theater is where you will enjoy entertainment the whole family can endure.
Located in the Seep Meadow, Tavern on the Green has not only become one of the most prestigious restaurants in all of New York City, but has also become one of the most infamous Central Park NY attractions.
An Icon of Central Park, the Loeb Boathouse Restaurant is where you can appreciate dinner on the lake. Enjoy a romantic dinner with breathtaking views.